Account Risk: 0.35%
Stop: 1.0830 (20 pips! 🙂 )
Target: 1.0714, 4H 50MA (116 pips, RR 5.8x)
Mindset: Really pleased with the entry but still expecting to get stopped out again
I saw this set up on the morning scan – and whilst I didn’t really want to take it – I had a really nice spot to enter on. On the daily timeframe there was also a divergence setting up (although not yet official).
The set up – 4H Chart
One thing worth noting is the proximity of the 200MA. It’s not a million miles away so may well get a move up to that.
So I put the first position on and was just about to put the second position on when my ETX quote locked/stopped quoting and I couldn’t place my second position for about 10 seconds. When it came back again the price had moved about 10 pips so I waited for price to come back to me but it just kept falling away.
I decided to wait but price didn’t come back so I closed the window. There are other set ups forming on other Euro pairs, so for now I’ll sit tight.
Update – Not much progress, but the daily divergence has set up – 23 Mar
Small update the daily chart is now diverging and I’m unsure about what to do next. The daily 50MA is a nice distance away so I feel I should switch my target to that from the 4H 50MA. However, The 4H 50MA hasn’t been tested yet (according to my charts) it had an air kiss.
At the moment I’m sticking with the 4H 50. (I think mentor Charlie would go for the daily 50). I really wish I had those two positions now so I could target both!
For now I’m going to play safe, price action hasn’t been great. I can see myself getting stopped out of this trade and having to re-enter. Price is also hand-railing the 4H 20 so maybe we’ll get a blow-out to the downside?
Update – Might be getting a double divergence! – 24 Mar
Just noted that price has moved up this morning against my position but I just wonder if we’ll get a double divergence setting up!?
If we do, I’ll be switching the next target to the 4h 100 which is very near the daily 50. Could be a tasty entry, we’ll see.
Update – got stopped out – 27 Mar
The Euro gapped up over the weekend and continued higher. I was stopped out of the position as the market opened on Sunday night. My first experience of getting gapped over my stop.
Wasn’t great – but I’m glad I didn’t get put off shorting again (even though I got stopped out again on my EURCAD trade!)
Will wait and see if I get another entry on this.